Expression in the Age
Wednesday, 18th March 2015, 6:30pm
RMIT Design Hub Lecture Theatre
Panel discussion featuring speakers Justin Clemens, Sary Zananiri, Nur Shkembi and Lizzie O’Shea, as part of the public program for the exhibition The Remote Controlled Terrorist Coffin curated by Grace McQuilten at RMIT Project Space / Spare Room.
Longing and Belonging: Culture as a vehicle to develop a socially functional identity in communities. Tuesday 25th November Victorian College of the Arts – Federation Hall, Grant St.
A group of expert panelists has been gathered to provide the audience an understanding of the basic principles of social cohesion and cultural integration, and why it is important for minorities to embrace them. Featuring Telmo Languiller, Irene Bouza, Andrew Markus, Marnie Badham, Jill Morgan and Nur Shkembi
Art without Borders: Freedom of Expression Presented By NAVA and Arts Law Australian Centre for Contemporary Art (ACCA) Wednesday 16th October 2013
ABC Radio National’s Damien Carrick in conversation with guest speakers:
- Nur Shkembi, Artist and Art Director of the Islamic Museum of Australia,
- Elvis Richardson, Artist and contributor to CoUNTess,
- Robert Nelson, Associate Professor, Associate Director Student Experience at Monash University and Art Critic for The Age,
- Robyn Ayres, Executive Director of Arts Law, and
- Tamara Winikoff, Executive Director of NAVA.